You will learn about the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).
HR Classroom's web-based training allows companies to ensure they have delivered this important compliance information to all employees, no matter where they are located - and document each employee's training.
Course Content Includes
- Purpose of the Act
- Who must comply with FERPA
- Disclosure rights of parents and students
- Right to access certain school records
- Right to request that a school correct records
- Right to a hearing and to insert statement in student records
- Release of information from a student's education record
- Disclosure of directory information about a student
- Annual notification to parents and students of their rights under FERPA
- Law enforcement records
- Complaints about failure to comply with FERPA
- Your Employer's FERPA Policy
- Quizzes and final quiz