HR Classroom - Frequently Asked Questions
- Why should my company conduct compliance training?
- Isn't a companypolicy prohibiting certain behaviors enough?
- Why does online compliance training make sense?
- How easy is it to deliver HR Classroom's compliance training?
- Won't my employees get bored by an online training course?
- How can I get HR Classroom training results into my existing HRIS system?
- Can I customize HR Classroom's training for my company?
- What are the benefits of online vs. in-person training?
- Why use HR Classroom instead of an LMS for my compliance training?
1. Why should my company conduct compliance training?
Two very important reasons: first,
because your personnel should know the law and how to comply with it, and second,
because it can save your business the time and expense of litigation. According
to a recent survey, the average punitive damage award in the U.S. is $2.7 million
- that's the potential risk your company runs by not training employees in compliance
topics such as sexual harassment prevention. And be aware that punitive damages
are only one element of damages recoverable - plaintiffs can also recover compensatory
damages and attorney fees. The cost of defending these types of claims is extremely
The Supreme Court has ruled that an employer can avoid liability if the employer
has made good faith efforts to prevent workplace discrimination. Also, the EEOC
has ruled that employers should regularly train employees about discriminatory harassment
prevention. By delivering compliance training regularly and keeping clear and accurate
records of this training, you can help protect your company.
2. Isn't a company policy prohibiting certain behaviors enough?
A policy is a good first step. However,
you should also ensure that your employees understand the policy and its implications
in the workplace. Regular training is the best way to make sure that your company's
policy is more than just a piece of paper.
3. Why does online compliance training make sense?
Delivering compliance training to
your employees on a regular basis is critical - it ensures that your organization
has made a good faith effort to comply with those laws by training them. Online
compliance training allows you to train every employee - regardless of location
or schedule. Online compliance training also allows you to deliver this critical
information frequently - and you can track exactly who finished what training, and
when they did it. Finally, online compliance training lets you deliver your training
at a much lower cost than conventional in-person training.
4. How easy is it to deliver HR Classroom's compliance training?
You can deliver HR Classroom from
your desktop - all you and your employees need is access to an Internet-connected
computer. As training administrator, you pick exactly which topics you want to deliver
- and to whom. Your trainees can access the HR Classroom trainings 24 hours a day,
7 days a week - no matter where they're located. If they can type their name and
click a mouse button, they can take an HR Classroom compliance training!
5. Won't my employees get bored by an online training course?
HR Classroom's compliance training
is designed from the ground up to involve the trainee through frequent quizzes and
real-life scenarios. HR Classroom is fast, too - so your employees won't fall asleep
waiting for the next screen to load! We've designed HR Classroom to work on almost
any internet connection - even a 28.8 baud dial up connection.
6. How can I get HR Classroom training results into my existing HRIS system?
HR Classroom allows you to export
your data to either a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet or a comma-delimited file. This
feature lets you put training results directly into your own internal database or
HRIS system, easily and simply - just generate a report as you normally do, but
choose the 'export' report format.
7. Can I customize HR Classroom's training for my company?
Absolutely. You can insert your company's
specific policy on any of the compliance topics covered by HR Classroom's trainings -
directly into the training! Your policy can be edited online at anytime. All changes
show up immediately in your HR Classroom trainings. In addition, we can customize
trainings to meet your needs and specifications.
8. What are the benefits of online vs. in-person training?
Each type of training has its advantages
and drawbacks. In-person training is good for small groups of people, and allows
for discussions and extensive open-ended questions. Online training is well suited
for delivering important, clearly defined information (such as a compliance topic)
to large groups of people. Online training also allows you to avoid scheduling problems
and reach everyone in your organization. Neither type of training is suited for
9. Why use HR Classroom instead of an LMS for my compliance training?
By their nature, Learning Management
Systems (LMS) trainings are often technically and logistically difficult to implement.
By contrast, HR Classroom is simple to use - all you and your employees need are
access to an internet-connected computer; we take care of the rest. Also, HR Classroom
is immediately available - with one call, you can start training your employees
today. Finally, HR Classroom is affordable!