The Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) establishes minimum wage, overtime pay, recordkeeping, and child labor standards affecting full-time and part-time workers in the private sector and in Federal, State, and local governments. The minimum wage of $7.25 per hour must be for all hours of work. Normally, overtime compensation is required for all hours of work in excess of forty hours in a workweek.
This training will concentrate on the key aspects of properly following the Fair Labor Standards Act. As with other HR Classroom trainings, employers can fully document trainee activity, and your organization’s own policy can also be inserted directly into the training.
Course Content Includes
- Who is subject to the FLSA requirements.
- What constitutes hours of work.
- What records must be kept.
- When is overtime due and how is it computed.
- What is the minimum age for employment and what restrictions apply to minors.
- How the FLSA is enforced and what protections are available.
- Quizzes and final review quiz