The Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) establishes minimum wage, overtime pay, recordkeeping, and child labor standards affecting full-time and part-time workers in the private sector and in Federal, State, and local governments. There are a number of exemptions from the FLSA requirements.
In particular, the executive, administrative, professional, and outside sales exemption (also known as the "white collar" exemptions) are an exemption from the minimum wage, overtime, and recordkeeping requirements of the FLSA. This exemption is the focus of this training. As with other HR Classroom trainings, employers can fully document trainee activity, and your organization’s own policy can also be inserted directly into the training.
Course Content Includes
- Training overview
- Who is subject to the FLSA requirements.
- What constitutes a salary basis of payment.
- What deductions from a salary are permissible.
- Who meets the executive exemption requirements.
- Who meets the administrative exemption requirements.
- Who meets the professional exemption requirements.
- Who meets the outside sales person exemption requirements.
- Quizzes and final review quiz