This training exercise is intended to make individuals further aware of general privacy requirements arising under the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA), The Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health Act (HITECH) and the Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act (GINA).
In enacting HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act), Congress mandated the establishment of Federal standards for the privacy of individually identifiable health information. Regulations covering privacy and confidentiality are complicated and lengthy, yet companies and organizations must comply with them. Our HIPAA Privacy training makes compliance easier.
The goal of The HIPAA (as amended by HITECH) Privacy training is to educate the trainee in understanding what information is protected, who must comply, and how HIPAA protects information. As with all other HR Classroom trainings, any organization can quickly and easily bring their employees up to speed on these issues as well as fully document trainee activity. Your organization’s own policy can also be inserted directly into each training.
Course Content Includes
- Confidentiality and Privacy
- HIPAA, HITECH and GINA
- Entities that must comply with HIPAA and HITECH
- How HIPAA and HITECH protect information
- Minimum Necessary Standards of Disclosure of Protected Health Information (PHI)
- Individually identifiable health information
- Summary health information
- When and how a covered entity is permitted to use or disclose PHI
- Business associate obligations
- Breach notification requirements
- How is a group health plan permitted to disclose PHI to its plan sponsor?
- How is a group health plan permitted to disclose PHI to its business associate?
- What rights do individuals enjoy under HIPAA and HITECH regarding their protected health information?
- Marketing and sale of PHI under HITECH
- Enforcement provisions under HITECH
- What are the operational and administrative requirements imposed upon covered entities under HIPAA and HITECH?
- Your employer’s HIPAA and HITECH privacy policies.
- Quizzes and final review quiz