The purpose of the Hazard Communications Standard is to provide knowledge to workers about the hazardous chemicals that they use in the workplace. When employees have information about the hazardous chemicals being used in their workplace, they can take steps to reduce exposures, substitute less hazardous materials, and establish proper work practices. This will help prevent work related illnesses and injuries on the job.
The goal of this course is to help employers understand the key issues involved in implementing the Hazard Communications Standard that organizations are legally required to follow. As with other HR Classroom trainings, employers can fully document trainee activity. Your organization’s own policy can also be inserted directly into each training.
Course Content Includes
- Becoming Familiar with the Hazard Communications Standard
- Exceptions to the Hazard Communications Standard
- Identifying Responsible Staff
- Identifying Hazardous Chemicals in the Workplace
- Labels and other Forms of Warning
- Material Safety Data Sheets
- Employee Information and Training
- Quizzes and a final review quiz